These cookies are a delicious treat that is ideal to whip up for an afternoon treat with a cup of tea.
They also make a special treat in a lunch box. This is the kind of recipe my kids love to get involved with!
When baking any recipe the first thing I always do is get everything out and line the baking trays.
150g Soft brown sugar
1 Free range egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
180g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
100g Milk chocolate chips
100g Mini Rolo’s
Prepare two baking trays greased with butter & lined with baking paper
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160 Fan/Gas 4
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This will take approximately 5 minutes in a stand mixer but can be done with a wooden spoon. Just ensure that the butter is nice and soft before you start.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until it’s fully incorporated.
- Then fold in the flour, baking powder, chocolate chips and half the Rolo’s. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Using a teaspoon drop walnut sized pieces onto a baking tray well spaced out on the baking tray. Remember that these will spread out as they cook.
- You can refrigerate for up to an hour before baking if you have time (optional).
- Pop in the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes depending on cookie size and how gooey you like your cookies!
- When you take them out of the oven you can add a few extra Rolo’s while the cookies are still hot (please take care).
- Then allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Remember to share a photo with us via email or Instagram.
This is the recipe card that featured in our February cake deliveries. We like to include a different recipe each month and love to hear how you get on when baking them.
You can adapt this recipe in a number of ways. For example, you can switch out the Rolo’s for different chocolate chips or even dried fruits and nuts.