This is a great bake to make at home as you only need a few ingredients and they can be made in an afternoon to enjoy at tea time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 250g Butter, softened at room temperature
- 125g Caster sugar (golden if you have it)
- 250g Plain flour
- 125g Cornflour
- 75g Dark chocolate chunks
Prepare two baking trays greased with butter and lined with baking paper.
Pre-heat your oven to 180C Fan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until it’s pale and fluffy. This is easiest with a stand mixer but can be done with a wooden spoon it will just take a little longer.
- Seive and then fold in the flour and cornflour.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chunks and bring the dough together.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and pop in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to roughly 1cm thick and cut it into the desired shapes.
- Refrigerate on the baking tray again if you have time.
- Place the cookies on the lined baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. Bake time will depend on the size of the cookies so make sure you keep an eye on them. They are done when they are just starting to brown on the edges.
- Remove the cookies from oven and dust them with a little extra caster sugar.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I would love to see photo’s of your Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies, email them to [email protected] and if we share them on social media we will send you a FREE cake box.
Vikki and Team Cake xx